Monday

Falafel Me Bitch!!


Maoz is a vegetarian falafel restaurant that first started in Amsterdam in 1991. Most of the Maoz locations are in Europe, but there are more and more opening in the United States. I first got a taste of Maoz when I was going to school in Spain. My friends and I went there practically everyday for lunch. The food was good, you got a lot of it and it was pretty cheap too. Needless to say, I was very sad when I had to America and a world without Maoz. At the time, the only one that was in the states was in Philly, and since I was living on the other side of the country, there was little to no chance of me ever eating Maoz again. I was so so sad. So imagine how happy I was when one day during the summer I was walking around 8th street, trying to find something to eat with some friends when I came across...A MAOZ!!!!!!! Oh how my heart sang! I was absolutely beside myself. Finally, I could stuff myself with the yummy Dutch goodness that is Maoz, and ever since that day I have.


Here's why Maoz is great. Even though they fry their falafel balls, they are always super moist, never greasy and magically delicious. They offer pitas in both white and wheat or they have the option of making a falafel salad. Once you get your falafel, there is a toppings bar that has such items as pickled red cabbage (sounds weird, but taste great), cucumbers seasoned with dill, sauteed broccoli and cauliflower, pickles, green and black olives and so forth. They also have really good sauces that they make themselves that you can eat with your falafel. I'm a fan of the cilantro sauce. It's a tad bit spicy with a touch (well actually more than a touch) of garlic. Your breathe might stink afterwards, but it will be worth it. Oh yeah, did I mention that the toppings bar is all you can eat? Yeah, that's right. ALL YOU CAN EAT!!! You can go back as many times as you like and get as much as you'd like. Another reason why Maoz is great are the juices that they make. They make their orange juice with real oranges. They make their carrot juice with real carrots. And their lemonade...it has real lemons!! Mind blowing isn't it? I can't remember the last time where I drank juice that actually had juice in it. And all of the juice that they make is juice. There's no concentrate or preservatives and it's made fresh everyday on site. Maoz also has these Belgian fries that bring tears to my eyes. It's wrong for fries to taste that right. Overall, I give Maoz two thumbs and ten toes up!! Maybe you're not a fan of falafel or juice that's made from juice. Go there for no other reason than the fact that it's all you can eat!!!

1 comment:

preppygoesrock said...

gotta eat healthy and stay away from fries... too much oil=more calories!
check out my blog:
http://preppygoesrock.blogspot.com/
http://preppygoesrock.blogspot.com/
http://preppygoesrock.blogspot.com/